Welcome, to another blog from Corcillium Wealth Management, you have obviously been looking for a Financial Adviser, I hope you find this read of interest and perhaps allows you some further thinking time for what you personally want to achieve.
When looking for Financial Advice where have you started, who have you spoken to and what have you found out so far?
There is a clear reason you are looking for advice and when you do meet with a Financial Adviser they like to get to know you, your goals, aspirations, family plans etc. But you and the adviser have to recognise this is a two way street, are you the right fit for each other. Currently the average age of the Financial Adviser population is 58 in the UK, more interestingly though, it is expected that 1 in 5 are planning their own retirement in the next 5 years. Where does that put you as a client? Will your adviser have the experience and backing that can last through your own retirement or to see you realise a specific goal for yourself or a family member.
If you are currently using a Financial Adviser ask them, when are they planning on retiring, its only fair
Naturally when looking for a Financial Adviser you can work with one who is ‘local’ to you or work on a ‘national’ basis.
Some of the benefits of working with a local adviser could be:
- Face to face meetings where you meet in person
- Appointments at convenient times and locations, is this at the work office or at home after the kids have gone to bed
- A local adviser will have already provided advice to people in the local area who may be in a similar position to yourself
- They should still be able to offer remote meetings either via phone or video call as life is adaptable
What you should receive by working with a local or National adviser:
- A personal financial plan that is actively reviewed
- Changes to the plan / investments are made where needed
- They help you to reduce taxes where possible
- Claim / reclaim unused allowances
- Help to avoid emotional decisions
- Provide different and most tax efficient ways of drawing an income
- Willing to work with generations below and above for most tax efficient estate planning
If you would like to know more about this or something more specific to your financial needs why not give us a call today on 01483 654135
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.